Support 940 Brunch with Mayor Jenny Durkan
Please give today!
De-Escalate Washington is the coalition of families, law enforcement leaders, mental health and disability rights advocates, tribes, LGBTQ groups, racial justice organizations, community and civil rights organizations, and leaders committed to passing Initiative 940.
Initiative 940 is an initiative to the Legislature on law enforcement training and community safety. It -
- Requires training for violence de-escalation, mental health, and first aid.
- Provides that police should render first aid at the scene.
- Applies a good faith standard for use of deadly force and removes the de facto immunity.
- Requires completely independent investigations of use of deadly force when there is injury or death.
- Brings diverse community stakeholders to the table for the development of standards and curriculum.
- Includes Tribal governments in investigations where a tribal person was injured or killed.