What does I-940 do?
Initiative 940 is an initiative to the Legislature on law enforcement training and community safety. It -
- Requires training for violence de-escalation, mental health, and first aid.
- Provides that police should render first aid at the scene.
- Applies a good faith standard for use of deadly force and removes the de facto immunity.
- Requires completely independent investigations of use of deadly force when there is injury or death.
- Brings diverse community stakeholders to the table for the development of standards and curriculum.
- Includes Tribal governments in investigations where a tribal person was injured or killed.
Where can I get more information?
For an update on the status of I-940 click here.
Our Twitter handle is @Deescalatewa
Our Instagram is De-Escalate Washington
Our Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/deescalatewashington/
Contact us at email@example.com.
How can I donate to the Campaign?
Persons who are 18 or older can donate to the campaign and must be making donations of their own funds. Contributions to De-Escalate Washington I-940 are not tax deductible.
You may mail checks made out to De-Escalate Washington I-940 to
- De-Escalate Washington
- PO Box 21509
- Seattle, Washington 98111
Or you can go on-line and use the donate button on our website.